Anonymous discussion · Anxious

Navigating uncertainty in moving plans with a partner

My partner said they’re not ready to talk about moving together and suggested we revisit it later. This already got delayed once earlier in the term, so “later” is starting to feel less like a timeline and more like a fog machine. I’m not asking for a promise today, and I don’t want to pressure them into a decision. But I’m studying here and trying to make my own housing and future plans. I can be patient; I just can’t plan around an unnamed later. At what point does asking for a specific follow-up date become reasonable, instead of an ultimatum?

WhatsAppLinkedInX

Support received

quiet-breeze-5527ca

Could you separate the date for the next conversation from a deadline for moving? You need a point when “later” becomes an honest update, even if the answer is still “not yet.”

Reply anonymously

Navigating uncertainty in moving plans with a partner | Betweenly